As a still-newbie blogger of only four-and-a-half months and a greenhorn Twitterer, I am honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by a fellow member of the amazing Twitter #writingcommunity. A quick shout out of sincere appreciation for the nomination to the lovely and talented Charlotte, who writes about food, fitness, and reading (among other things) over at Enchanting Moments. You can check out her blog there and also connect with her on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given within the blogging and writing community in support of other bloggers and writers. Individuals are chosen for their thoughtfulness and generosity, positive content and attitudes, and support towards the writing community. Anyone can nominate their favorite blogger, writer, or someone who has made an impact.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nomination via their blog or social media.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My answers to Charlotte’s questions:
- What’s your favorite season of the year? Christmas was the first season to pop in my head—I love the joyful church services, the magical lights, the warm and fuzzy nostalgia wrapped up in all the ornaments and foods, and most of all the music—but if that doesn’t count, the runner up is Autumn. Fallen leaves are one of my favorite scents (next to Christmas trees, of course).
- What’s your favorite way to spend a Saturday morning? Summer Saturday mornings are perfect for long bike rides with my hubby. In the winter, I prefer a book, a fireplace, and a cup of tea.
- Who do you call in a crisis? My husband. His logic balances out my instinct to overreact.
- When do you feel at your most creative? Usually at the most inopportune times. Like in the wee hours of the morning when my mind wakes up well before my alarm. Or when I’m away from my computer and involved in a mundane task like folding laundry or mowing the lawn.
- If you had to pick one outfit to wear for the rest of your life, which would it be? That “fit just right” pair of jeans, a well-worn tee, and a cozy sweatshirt.
- What’s your favorite type of baked goods? I try to steer clear of baked goods, but I have an inherent sweet tooth that can’t seem to say no to most desserts, especially when they’re topped with ice cream.
- You have won an all-inclusive trip to the destination of your choice. Where are you going? This is a tough one. I love to travel and there are a lot of wonderful destinations in the world that I’d like to visit, but for me the ideal isn’t as much a location as it is an experience. I’d choose to go where life is simpler, slower-paced, and retains a Mayberry-type charm. If such a place still exists, I’d definitely like to spend some time there.
- Which series would you recommend I watch next? I’m not really up on current TV shows, so I’ll recommend a few older ones that I fully enjoyed and watched in toto: Gilmore Girls, Parenthood, and a blast from a couple decades past that I’ve recently resurrected, Wings.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dog. Although my sweet Dolly is starting to exhibit some cat-like behaviors in her old age.
- Which achievement are you most proud of and why? One day very soon, this will read: Wrote a complete novel manuscript. But until then, my answer is running a half marathon. I have a tendency to conceive grand ideas, but I habitually lack the follow-through to see them to fruition. So I am proud to have signed up, trained for, and crossed the finish line for not just one, but two of those 13.1-mile jaunts.
- Do you prefer breakfast, lunch or dinner? I am a huge fan of breakfast and could eat breakfasty foods for every meal, every day.
My Nominees and Questions:
Randy Susan Meyers, Lindsey Bomgren (Nourish Move Love), Joshua Becker (Becoming Minimalist), Anthony Ongaro (Break the Twitch), No Sidebar, Melanie Notkin (Savvy Auntie), Katie Wells (Wellness Mama), Davida Lederle (The Healthy Maven), Taylor Kiser (Food Faith Fitness), Clayton Snyder, and Christina Herr
- If you had no obligations on your calendar and no responsibilities on your to-do list, how would you spend a Goldilocks day (not too hot, not too cold, not too windy)?
- What book have you read multiple times and why?
- What one thing would you be most distraught to lose?
- How many consecutive days could you survive without your cell phone?
- What is your all-time, favorite movie?
- When visiting the beach, do you spend most of your time on the sand or in the water?
- Things that make you go Mmmm. What is the most delicious food you’ve ever tasted?
- Rollercoasters . . . yay or nay?
- From what decade(s) do the most-played songs on your playlist(s) originate?
- What cartoons did you watch growing up?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
Thanks again to Charlotte for the nomination and the fun deviation from my normal posts. Be sure to take a peek at the blogs mentioned above and if you’d like to participate, feel free to share your responses to any/all of the questions by posting in the comments.